Mechanics need to be able to see into dark spaces when working on cars to greatly reduce the danger of accidentally getting hurt. Since mechanics need both hands to complete their jobs correctly and on time, investing in a versatile lightweight head torch is the best way for them to be able to see where they are working without having to hold a on to a torch.
A great head torch won’t just be bright enough for mechanics to see what they are doing, but also be comfortable enough to be worn all day long.
Ease of Use Matters
One of the most important things for mechanics to consider when shopping for a head torch is how easily they can set it on their head. It is also important to think about turning it on, and not have to worry about adjusting it.
There are few things more frustrating for a mechanic than constantly having to adjust their head torch when they are working beneath a car. Not only is this frustrating, but it can also be very dangerous.
Petzl Actik Core
Since the battery on this Petzl Actik Core head torch can easily be recharged via a USB port, this is a great option for busy mechanics who don’t want to have to worry about changing out their batteries on a regular basis.
The rechargeable battery has a burn time in excess of 160 hours and offers 350 lumens of light, which is plenty for most mechanics to be able to see to do their job.
ACTIK CORE comes with the CORE rechargeable battery and is also compatible with three AAA/LR03 batteries (not included), thanks to the HYBRID CONCEPT design.
The reflective headband aids visibility, and is equipped with an emergency whistle for rescue situations.
Other great features include:
- Red lighting so others don’t get blinded
- Two beam patterns
- Compatibility with AAA batteries
- Designed for proximity lighting, movement, and distance vision
Olight® 500 Lumens H1 Nova Head Torch Multifunction Headlamp
The Olight head torch is a multifunction headlamp, which is why it’s such a great head torch for mechanics who need to be able to keep their hands free at all times.
Not only can it be worn like a traditional headlamp, but the light itself is magnetic and can be easily attached to magnetic surfaces. This allows mechanics to quickly aim the light source directly where they need it to shine, allowing them to work without having to hold their head at a strange angle to be able to see.
Mechanics need to invest in a great head torch that will allow them access to some of the darkest spaces in a vehicle. Both of these options are ideal for working on a car and will allow a mechanic complete control over where the light shines, allowing them to easily see what they are working on without any problems.
- Magnetic tail cap allows it to be attached to any car boot or metallic surface for hands free work
- Compatible with 2 different types of rechargeable lithium ion batteries CR123A or RCR123A (16340)
- Has a Gradual brightness feature: When switched on/off to its medium, high, and turbo modes – it will turn on or off gradually to protect the eyes from the sudden change in brightness.
Coleman CXS+300r LED Head Torch
At first glance, the Coleman CXS+ 300 R looks like any basic turns-on-and-turns-off head torch, but fiddle around with it for a bit and you will discover it has loads of clever little functions and features. It is one of the more versatile head torches and can even be used for ultra running.
With bright and powerful LED bulbs, the headlamp offers an impressive 300 lumens of light. 5 different lighting modes including Extra Bright, High. Medium, Low and Red night vision mode, offer users the ultimate balance between brightness and efficiency.
It offers a number of different light settings, ranging from a 300-lumen full beam that reaches 50 metres, to a 20-lumen beam – for when battery saving is a priority – that covers five metres.
Developed to cope effortlessly with more extreme wear and tear, in rugged or rough terrain, our technology allows products to withstand higher levels of damaging impact.
There’s also a red light that can be used to prevent glare when map reading or when face-to-face with other people.
- Has a REAX mode – A reactive light technology that automatically adjusts the beam of the torch to suit the environment ahead and the needs of the wearer.
- Has a clever twist lock that fully disengages the battery when stored away, preventing battery drain.
- Comfortable, lightweight IPX 4 water-resistant construction.
- The extra bright setting combines all LEDs for maximum coverage.