If you are the type of runner that enjoys the special ambience and atmosphere of nighttime runs, you’ll want to make sure that you are able to see where you are going.
That means making sure that you have the right type of torch for the job. Many runners prefer the convenience offered by headlight torches, given that they spare you the trouble of having to carry a torch or wear one awkwardly on your torso.
This Nitecore HC65 is also ideal because it is one of the head torches that can be taken on a plane when you have a vacation planned and expect to do some night running while out there.
That said, different head torches offer different pros and cons. Case in point, the Nitecore HC65.
Nitecore HC65 Pros
There is a lot to like about this little head torch unit designed by Nitecore, starting with the fact that it is lightweight and fits snugly around the head. The Nitecore HC65 unit also offers a decent amount of light and should be fine for most basic uses – including and not restricted to dog walking, hiking and night trail running.
It offers a wide range of other advantages, including:
- Red light for night vision and map reading.
- The unit is self-charging, taking the hassle out of having to worry about charging it while on the go during longer trips
- A floodlight option
- An ultra-low mode for saving power or instances in which only a little light is needed.
Nitecore HC65 Cons
That being said, there is one catch of which you’ll need to be aware when considering this unit.
While this head torch offering from Nitecore is described as having 1000 Lumens, a respectable amount, it still isn’t as bright as other 1000 Lumen head torch options.
If you are looking for a head torch unit that offers basic lighting in dark and nighttime conditions, then this Nitecore HC65 head torch should do just fine. If you are looking for the brightest torch of the bunch, you’ll probably want to keep looking.
Should You Buy the Nitecore HC65 Head Torch?
This head torch from Nightcore offers a decent amount of features at a reasonable price. Its 1000 Lumens, while brighter than many head torches and not as bright as other options out there, is more than enough for simple nighttime runs. The head torch manual is a very good guide on how to get everything from this nifty torch. What’s more, the unit is easy to wear and offers several different lighting options, all while making the charging process that much easier.
For those looking for a simple headlight torch to allow them to go for nighttime runs with ease, this offering from Nightcore is a solid option.
Other Outstanding Features of the Nitecore HC65
- Triple Output full metal rechargeable head torch
- Specially designed for outdoor activities such as hiking, trekking and camping
- Utilises a CREE XM-L2 LED to emit maximum output of 1000 Lumens
- Equipped with a high CRI Auxillary white light and a red light
- Integrated Precision Digital Optics Technology for extreme reflector performance
- Maximum beam intensity and a maximum beam distance of up to 110 m
- The high efficient constant circuit runs for a maximum of 800 hours
- 7 brightness levels and 4 special modes
- Intelligent memory function
- Intelligent Li-ion battery charging circuit
- A floodlighting system provides a 100-degree beam angle
- Integrated advanced temperature regulation (ATR) technology
- Tilt mechanism allows for 180-degree adjustment
- Power indicator displays battery voltage
- Reverse polarity protection
- Constructed from rugged aero-grade aluminium alloy
- IPX8 waterproof (Submersible up to 2m)